In April 2013, Genopole created an endowment fund for innovation in biotechnologies, called Fondagen.
The purpose of the fund is to support cutting-edge biotech advances in the fields of personalized and regenerative medicine, biodrugs, synthetic biology, biofuels and fossil-fuel replacement biosourced materials, environmental remediation and innovative biomaterials.
Fondagen is a flexible and reactive not-for-profit entity. Supplied by donations from businesses, individuals or foundations, Fondagen will :
- facilitate the development of tomorrow’s solutions in medicine, health, the environment and renewable energies ;
- allow for the provision of working conditions equal to those available in other countries to researchers and entrepreneurs in France ;
- support specific R&D projects ;
- bring together stakeholders in innovation development : major industrials, research institutions and laboratories, biotech start-ups, investors, etc. ;
- empower debate and communication to increase public knowledge on the subject of biotech.