On December 14, 2010, Genopole® will hold the third edition of its Biomanufacturing Symposium, entitled “30 years of therapeutic product biomanufacturing : outcomes and outlook”.
Following the success of the two previous editions of the Biomanufacturing Symposium, Genopole® will broaden its outlook and ask the following question : which expression systems, compounds, technologies, drug targets and business models will be critically important in biomanufacturing in the future ?
The symposium will open with a mini-session on 30 years of therapeutic product biomanufacturing : key dates, success stories, limitations and opportunities (molecules, drug targets, expression systems, technologies ; etc.).
This will be followed by three main sessions :
Alternative expression systems
- What has changed in the 4 years since the first Biomanufacturing Symposium in terms of the systems under development at the time (transgenic animals and plants) ?
- What is the outlook for the more “exotic” systems (e.g. carnivorous plants, hairy roots, Lemna, microalgae, ciliates, edible vaccines ; etc.) ?
- Should these alternatives be considered as new expressions system per se or rather as reservoirs of novel compounds (a transgenic approach versus a conventional screening approach) ?
Implementing alternative expression systems via the development of appropriate technologies
- How should researchers and equipment manufacturers interact ?
- Will these alternative expression systems become a true industrial option ?
- Biomanufacturing and synthetic biology : the first industrial successes
Biosimilars and biogenerics : the outlook
The first biologics are coming off patent : regulatory definitions, perspectives and the impact on the price of biologic
On December 15 and 16, Genopole® and the Epigenomics Program are organizing an International Synthetic Biology Conference, which will follow on from the Biomanufacturing Symposium.
Biomanufacturing Symposium delegates can register for the Synthetic Biology Conference at a special rate of €50.
LANGUAGES OF THE COLLOQUIUM
Presentation will be given in English or French depending on the speakers but a simultaneous interpreting service will be provided in both languages
INFORMATION - CONTACT
Valérie Larivière , assistant of Genopole Research
GIP Genopole®, Genopole® Campus 1 - Bâtiment G8
5, rue Henri Desbruères
F-91030 Evry Cedex, France
Tel. : +33 160 878 440
Fax : +33 160 873 500