The position is available in the Therapeutic genome editing research group directed by Dr. Mario Amendola at the Genethon Institute, biopark of Evry, France.
Our laboratory focuses on developing effective and safe genome editing and gene therapy strategies for the treatment of human diseases. In particular, we are interested in genetically engineering hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells:
- for treating and gaining a better understanding of blood disorders, in particular hemoglobinopathies and hemophilia;
- as therapeutic delivery vehicles for metabolic diseases, due to the ability of their progeny to extensively home to many tissues, including the central nervous system. (https://integrare-umrs951.jimdo.com/home/labs/gene-editing/).
The team is part of the UMR_951, sponsored by Genethon, Inserm and Univ. of Evry Val d’Essone (Paris Saclay).
Genethon Institute is a non-profit biotherapy R&D organization dedicated to the development of gene therapy products for rare human genetic diseases (www.genethon.com). Genethon hosts several laboratories exploiting gene-based technologies to investigate biological systems and pathologies of genetic origin and to design gene therapy treatments mainly for: i) blood and immune disorders, ii) neuromuscular disorders, iii) liver and metabolic disorders.
Genethon offers several high quality core facilities and infrastructure including:
- in vitro and in vivo therapeutic testing platform: a functional evaluation platform (including ultrasound testing), an imaging-cytometry platform (confocal, macro confocal and biophotonic microscopy, imaging flow cytometry), a viral vector research facility (for LV, RV and AAV), tools and experience in molecular and physiopathological examination of isolated living cells; a histology department
- the largest DNA and cell bank in Europe for human genetic disorders
The Genethon Institute is located in the Genopole Campus, a France’s leading biocluster located in Evry, France.
Genethon is an equal opportunity employer and supports gender equality.
First and foremost, the desire to make an impact in the field of Gene Therapy in a friendly, enthusiastic, dedicated and collaborative manner.
Candidates should be able to work independently and interactively in a team setting, be responsible, organized and have a great work capacity and enthusiasm for research and smiling and positive attitude
If you are strongly interested in this position but do not meet one or more criteria, please address in your cover letter in which aspects your skill set deviates from the outlined profile as well as how your background would enrich our research.
If your profile matches the description, please send:
- motivation letter
- contact details of two referees
- ideal starting date
Documents should be sent as a single pdf file by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are strongly interested in this position but do not meet one or more criteria, please address in your cover letter in which aspects your skill set deviates from the outlined profile.
For further information, please directly contact email@example.com
Intitulé du poste proposé
Poste basé à : Evry (91) – France
Secteur d’activité : Recherche – Gene Therapy
Nature du contrat : CDD – 2 ans
Niveau d’études : Bac+3
Disponibilité : Dès que possible
Rémunération envisagée :De 30 000€ à 40 000€
Dedicated to the fight against rare diseases, Genethon has developed a unique expertise in the design and development of gene therapy products, from lab research to clinical trials. Its work work has led to several treatments on the market, in clinical trials, or at the R&D stage that are changing the lives of patients and their families.
With 200 scientists and professionals, Genethon pursues its mission: to develop treatments that change the lives of patients suffering from rare genetic diseases and to eradicate these diseases.
Genethon is a non-profit organization, created in 1990 by the French Association against Myopathies (AFM-Téléthon), thanks to donations from the first Telethons.