- Perform metagenomics diversity and functional analyses
- Perform genome assembly and annotation
- Perform comparative genomics and functional analyses
- Create and develop user-friendly bioinformatics pipelines for “everyday” use
- Support and develop innovative projects related to disease prediction using metagenomics/genomics data
- Work hand in hand with a data engineer to extract and exploit all data generated in the lab
- Communicate findings and results internally to the team
- Train and mentor students, interns, and new team members on bioinformatics basics
- Part-time home office conceivable
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, computational biology or related fields
- Ability and willingness to work within a fast-paced, adaptive, collaborative environment
- Demonstrated strong programming skills
- Experience and knowledge in the field of microbial ecology and evolutionary biology
- Experience in genomics and metagenomics analyses
- Experience with statistical modeling and AI/ML tools is a plus
- Self-starter and problem solver
- Eagerness to play a major role in a new and fast-growing start-up company
- Intellectual curiosity
- Ability to tackle multiple tasks simultaneously
Intitulé du poste proposé
Research scientist in bioinformatics – H/F
Poste basé à : Evry (91) – Genopole
Secteur d’activité : Biotechs
Nature du contrat : CDI
Niveau d’études : Bac>=5
Disponibilité : November
Rémunération envisagée : A définir selon profil
Phagos is on a mission to create a cleaner, more sustainable future by using bacteria’s natural predator, the bacteriophage, to cure infectious diseases in aquaculture and beyond.
To make our vision a reality, we are looking for excellent microbiologists / phage biologists excited to join our team.
You will hold an important position within Phagos’ R&D team and play a major role in the company’s fate and success. You will lead, develop and execute innovative projects, applying phage therapy’s most advanced techniques to aquaculture settings and participating in broadening Phagos’ applications and research expertise.
If you are looking to get in at the start of something novel and world changing, we would love to chat !