We are looking for an experienced genome-editing expert with an impressive scientific background, who is proactive, rigorous, versatile, and blends creative and critical thinking to design workable solutions for real-world applications. You are not afraid to take on the challenge of a fast-paced startup, assume multiple responsibilities, and work with practical needs and constraints to achieve ambitious goals with the team.
You will bring your expertise in the development and application of genome-editing technologies to boost Plantik’s ability to fundamentally transform plant breeding. As a Lead Scientist, you will help drive and execute Plantik’s scientific strategy in the context of emerging crop applications. You will also contribute to the design, implementation, and achievement of research projects either as a project leader and/or project team member. You will report directly to the CTO.
- Apply your deep expertise in genome editing and DNA repair to develop and optimize existing and novel genome editing tools
- Design, perform, and ensure the quality of key experiments; analyze, interpret, and communicate key results with strategies to improve outcome
- Contribute actively to the making of the strategic product roadmap and achievement of milestones
- Actively interact with Plantik’s research partner(s) to ensure best practices and maximize the outcome of the projects
- Contribute to the position of Plantik as a thought leader in your area by e.g. publications, presentations at key conferences
- Be involved in writing internal technology briefs, IP related documentation, funding proposals
- Lead and/or participate in scientific projects that push the boundaries of current technologies. Cultivate innovation by exploring and executing new ideas to solve problems and efficiently bring “out-of-the-box” ideas to life with colleagues
- PhD in Synthetic Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Chemical Engineering, or 5+ years of experience in an industrial context with a Masters degree in one of the aforementioned fields
- 3+ years of experience in leading at least one genome editing research project, showing excellent project management skills
- Excellent knowledge of cloning and construct generation for plants; experience in plant transformation is a plus
- Team player with a demonstrated ability to lead functional teams and instill trust
- Proficient English skills; ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences
- Capability to manage ambiguity and adapt to fast-changing environments
- Experience in a biotech startup environment is a plus
How to Apply
Send CV and three professional references to email@example.com. We will be in touch from there.
Diplôme : Bac +5 spécialisé Genome Editing
Intitulé du poste proposé
Plantik – Lead Scientist, Genome editing (H/F)
Poste basé à Evry-Courcouronnes
Secteur d’activité : Biotechnologies
Nature du contrat : CDI
Disponibilité : dès que possible
Rémunération envisagée : selon le profil
Plantik is an early-stage agri-biotech startup building next-generation plant breeding technologies to create future plants considerably faster.
From climate change, food security, to human well-being, how we will make new plants adapted to the rapidly changing environment and human needs remains a fundamental challenge of the 21st century. Working on this challenge will help define our common future in the next decades to come. By advancing and democratizing the application of the latest biotechnologies in plant breeding, Plantik wants to equip and empower the next generation of plant breeders with effective and simple-to-use tools, so we can develop sustainable, resilient, and versatile plants the world badly needs a lot faster. Together, our ambition is to enable a nature-positive future, with a plant-based consumption 10X more diverse by 2050.
Plantik started its mission with hemp, a truly versatile, multipurpose crop showing great potential in various sectors from pharmaceuticals to food, with strong sustainability traits (fun fact: did you know that one hectare of hemp is capable of capturing up to 13.4 tons of CO2, twice as effective as forests?). We will be scaling to other plants soon.
Plantik is backed by Entrepreneur First, EIT Food, Bpifrance, and other impact investors.
Our thrilling journey has just started: we are looking for passionate, talented, and adventurous core team members who will have a great impact on our R&D, business strategy, and company culture.