🧀 A few words about us !
Nutropy develops the next generation of dairy products.
Nutropy is a Venture-Backed French company that develops an animal-free plug & play milk replacement for large scale dairy applications through our precision fermentation technology. We produce milk proteins and fatty acids identical to those produced by cows to enable the production of cheeses that taste as good as conventional cheese but are more sustainable, healthier and better for the animals.
📑 Job description
At Nutropy, your job will consist in the following:
- Design, plan, execute and analyze different experiences in the downstream processing (DSP) pipeline hand-in-hand with your supervisors and colleagues, working both autonomously and in collaboration
- Develop and optimize different downstream processes for recombinant protein and molecule isolation
- Develop and conduct and/or validate analytical assays to characterize recombinant products and DSP efficiency
- Identify bottlenecks and re-design processes accordingly
- Perform experiments at lab scale and conduct product characterization
- Manage a rigorous lab notebook, write SOPs and maintain logs of batches
- Prepare and present results with statistical analyses, conclusions and technical recommendations to your supervisors and the team
- Contribute to IP generation
- Manage and mentor junior team members
- Collaborate with the different departments
- Collaborate with external CMO and analytic partners
- Perform literature searches when necessary and propose innovative solutions
- Maintain equipment as well as laboratory inventory, consumables and solutions
- Undertake any other activies as needed by the business
🛠️ Skills we are looking for
Education & Experience:
- Graduate degree in food, chemical or biochemical engineering or biotechnology, or similar relevant tracks.
- A previous experience in a lab (public or ideally private such as a start up or small business) working on DSP, ideally with similar responsibilities
- Ideally experience with DOE, data visualization and analysis
- Ideally, hands-on experience with DSP units, technology transfer and scale up
- Speak English professionally, ideally speak some French
- Independant, well organized and proactive
- Precise and capable of prioritising tasks
- Problem-solver and agilist
- Strong communicator
- Interest in alternative proteins
- Positive and benevolent outlook
- Motivated to work in a dynamic start-up environment
- Strong desire to join a company that is positively changing our food system and planet
💪 What we offer
When you come to work at Nutropy, your day-to-day is directly responsible for improving the quality of our products. Your role will be pivotal in bringing animal-free dairy to consumers worldwide, positively impacting our food system and planet. In return, here is what we can offer you:
- A supportive workplace
- A stimulating, fast-paced multi-cultural environment
- Salary and benefits
- Opportunities to learn and progress professionally
🗯️ Interviewing process
We will organize 2 to 3 interview rounds, including reference checks.
As an equal opportunity employer, Nutropy welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates, irrespective of sex, gender, sexual orientation, ethnic or social origin, disability, religion or belief. Under its equal opportunities policy, Nutropy is aiming to achieve gender parity in staff employed at all levels in the Organisation. At the time of appointment, preference between suitable candidates shall be given to the candidate of the gender which is under-represented in the relevant grades within the category to which the vacancy belongs. During the different stages of the recruitment procedure, specific measures shall be taken to facilitate access for candidates with disabilities.