GIP Genopole’s mission is to oversee the Genopole biocluster, which brings together biotech companies, research labs, shared technological platforms and the University of Evry.
The GIP provides a legal status for coordinating and concentrating the means received from public and private sectors, while guaranteeing the preservation of the public interest.
The General Assembly unites the representatives of the twelve Members :
• French Ministry for Higher Education, Research and Innovation
• Ile-de-France Regional Council
• Essonne Department Council
• Grand Paris Sud Metropolitan Area
• The City of Evry
• The University of Evry
• AFM-Telethon (The French Muscular Dystrophy Association)
• The CEA (Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission)
• Inserm (National Institute of Health and Medical Research)
• Paris-Sud University
• The CHSF (South Ile-de-France Medical Center)
• The SEM Genopole
Created to develop a real estate offer for laboratories and businesses, SEM Genopole (société d’économie mixte ; a type of semi-public company) now manages 25,500 m2 of real estate : 20,800 m2 in owned property and 4,700 m2 in rentals. Their real estate offer comprises : nude floors to be equipped, outfitted offices, outfitted office/laboratories, shared-access technological platforms and a business center.
SEM Genopole is funded by the Ile-de-France Regional Council, the Essonne Department Council, the Caisse des dépôts et consignations (a public general interest and economic development group), the Grand Paris Sud Metropolitan Area and the Seine Essonne Area.