Description du poste
We are seeking a passionate and driven scientist to join our rapidly growing startup dedicated to enhancing women’s health. As a pivotal team member, you will play a crucial role in coordinating and advancing scientific projects, fostering innovation, and ensuring the successful execution of research and development initiatives. The ideal candidate will possess a robust scientific background, with strong experience in cell sorting and showcasing exceptional communication and organizational proficiencies.
Our lab is located at Genopole in Evry Courcouronnes, near Paris. Genopole offers top-quality facilities, research services, and infrastructure. The initial contract is for one year, with the possibility of renewal, starting in October 2023. Additionally, remote work is an option for up to 1 or 2 days of the work week, depending on project needs.
In exchange, the candidate will gain valuable hands-on experience in the biotech and startup landscape, contributing to impactful projects that directly impact women’s health. As an early employee, you will have the unique opportunity to grow and develop with the company, with pathways for advancement into positions of increasing responsibility and management, playing a key role in shaping the future of our organisation.
- Scientific Experiment Planning and Execution: Lead the planning, design, and execution of experiments, working closely with the research team and providing guidance to the research technician.
- Scientific Expertise: Provide valuable scientific insights to guide project decisions, troubleshoot issues, and optimize research methodologies.
- Project Planning and Execution: Develop and implement comprehensive project plans, timelines, and milestones for scientific initiatives.
- Stakeholder Management: Act as the primary liaison with external stakeholders involved in various scientific projects. Establish strong working relationships, facilitate regular communication, and ensure alignment on project objectives and expectations.
- Risk and Quality Management: Identify potential project risks and develop effective mitigation strategies to prevent or minimize their impact on project deliverables and timelines.
- Communication: Clearly communicate project progress, achievements, and challenges to both internal and external stakeholders. Ensure alignment of laboratory activities with the company’s overall vision and goals.
- Funding Support: Assist the team in producing grant application documents and contribute to funding strategic planning, specifically related to the laboratory’s scientific goals and projects.
- A Ph.D. in molecular or cellular biology.
- Proficiency in experimental planning, execution, cell culture, cell sorting, and molecular biology techniques. Experience in epigenetics would be plus.
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex scientific concepts to diverse audiences.
- Adaptability and efficacy in a fast-paced startup setting.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Exceptional organizational skills with a proactive problem-solving approach.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and familiarity with tools like Notion, preferred.
- Residency in Paris, France, or willingness to relocate to Paris.
- Proficiency in English; ability to communicate in Spanish and/or French would be plus.
Intitulé du poste proposé
Research Associate H/F
Poste basé à EVRY COURCOURONNES
Secteur d’activité : Biotechnologie
Nature du contrat : CDI
Niveau d’études : Bac+5 et plus
Rémunération envisagée : à définir selon le profil
At EndoGene.Bio, we want to bring high level precision medicine to female health. To that end, we are working on reducing the time for endometriosis diagnosis from years to weeks thanks to proprietary biomarkers found in menstrual blood.
We believe in doing what is right, not what is easy. We are scientifically driven, daring and believe that hard work and kindness are unbeatable. When a problem gets in the way, we put our heads down and give it our best as a team. We work as a community and want to empower and lift everyone who helps us in our journey, from patients to physicians to industry advisors. Our community is our superhero.
We want our people to stay and grow with us. We are diverse and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company. We want you to use this job to take your career in your hands and shape it to your liking. We want you to try new things, shadow others and take up courses. Your win is our win.
We are going to build a legacy in female health, and we want you in our team.