We are looking for a highly experienced, independent, and capable laboratory technician to kick off experiments in our brand-new lab space in central Paris.
Roles and responsibilities
– Cloning and DNA manipulation
– Mammalian cell transfection
– Maintenance of mammalian cell lines including mycoplasma testing, propagation, and cryopreservation
– Use aseptic techniques including working within a biological safety cabinet
– Purification of recombinant proteins produced in mammalian cells and preparation of samples for mass spectrometry
– Analysis of proteins produced by mammalian cell lines including SDS-PAGE, immunoblotting, and immunofluorescence
– Preparation of buffers
– Contribute towards set up of the company’s lab space in central Paris
– Assist with the daily running of the laboratory
Skills and requirements
– Masters (or equivalent) + minimum 2 years hands on experience in the laboratory
– Excellent basic molecular biology techniques: mammalian cell culture, transfections, cloning and E. coli transformation, PCR and qPCR, fluorescence microscopy and protein analysis
– Exceptional organisation skills with strong attention to detail
– Knowledge of laboratory safety rules
– Ability to work in a team environment
– Excellent communication skills
– Someone who is resourceful and will do whatever it takes to get the job done
– Fluent in English
– Cultured CHO & HEK cell lines
– Experience working with yeast cells
– Experience in lab space set up
– Relevant industrial experience
– Fluent in French
What you can expect from us:
– Environment: Work in dynamic team alongside kyron.bio’s Senior Scientist in central Paris location (ESPCI, 5th arrondissement)
– Growth: As an early employee, you will have the opportunity to grow and develop with the company, with opportunities to take on positions of responsibility and management
– Employee-first mentality: We will do everything we can to support employee mental and physical health. Down time will be respected, and a generous annual leave package given, with breaks strongly encouraged: rest is an essential component of productivity!
– Competitive salary
– Potential: Bring new and more complex drugs to the market, saving the lives of millions of people
– Full time position
– To start between February and April 2023
– Kyron.bio is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome applications from people from all walks of life.
Intitulé du poste proposé
Laboratory Technician (H/F)
Poste basé à Paris, ESPCI (75005)
Secteur d’activité :Biotechnology
Nature du contrat : CDI
Disponibilité : Entre Janvier et mars
Rémunération envisagée : à définir selon le profil
We have made giant leaps in drug discovery over the past 5 years, however the bioproduction industry cannot keep up. kyron.bio is an early stage start-up with a mission to revolutionise therapeutic protein production. Our Next Generation Bioproduction Platform will boost both the effectiveness and the yield of proteins produced in mammalian cells. We are doing this by harnessing highly efficient processes from diverse organisms to genetically engineer the drug production platform of the future. We are the first company to use this approach and have a patent pending.
Our vision is to generate the drug production platform of the future that will allow life-saving treatments to reach those that are most in need. We would love for you to join us on this mission.
We are backed by Entrepreneur First, the world’s leading talent investor, have collaborations with top academic institutions and are advised by senior VPs from leading pharma companies.